The American Jeep Of World War II
10 november 2016, 18:43
The scouts of the 4th infantry division on the street Belgian town of Libin on 7 September 1944.
During the First world war infantry division of the US were most numerous among all the warring parties, the staffing of such a connection has reached 28,000. While most European armies such as German or French have moved to the triangular structure of the divisions three infantry regiments with no intermediate brigade level the Americans were of the square structure of two brigades of two regiments. German or French division was roughly half of soldiers than the us giving the latest in firepower but excelling in flexibility and mobility. Commander of the American expeditionary forces in Europe, General John Pershing fully appreciated the advantages of European organization and the post-war period offered a translation of the infantry divisions also in a triangular structure with a staff of 16875 people. However, this idea was not accepted by senior military leadership and the American division had square truth reduced to 19997 people. the number of personnel.
During the 20-ies. this structure has undergone minor changes vykristallizovyvalas finally in the so-called division of the sample in July of 1932, Mr.. It consisted of 994 21070 officers and sergeants and privates, including the following elements
The division had quite a large number of vehicles of the tractor 93 811 cars of different classes 176 motorcycles 6827 horses and mules 1311 horse carts and finally 39 bicycles.
Being strong enough connection division. Jul 1932, was directed to conduct independent combat operations without support from the body parts. But contain a large number of such compounds under the conditions prevailing in the interwar period in the United States policy of isolationism was impossible. The American army in the 30-ies had only four infantry divisions, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the continental part of the country and 11th in Hawaii.
Since August of 1936, the U.S. Army began experiments on transfer of divisions in a triangular structure. A testing ground became the 2nd infantry division and initiated the experiments, its chief of staff, Colonel, later General Leslie George. McNair. The original version provided in the division of a new organization 13552 people of staff. After the first experiments, this number was reduced to 10275 people to in December 1938 to increase to 12 thousand to 15 thousand.
Scouting-correction the car is equipped with a wide range of means of communication.
The outbreak of war in Europe spurred the deployment of the new compounds of the U.S. Army. Translation of triangular
Save as PDF
Save as image